Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Track 18: (Untitled)

I wanted to take a second and explain the links I have put up to the side. Everyone should take a look at them.

I have added the BBC News link because it is one of the least bias news sources out there for talking about American politics. It is also one of the only sources I can look at to get international news. America seems to have this thing where we don't talk about things that aren't happening in America, so I have to go outside to get this kind of news.

Balloon Juice is a great blog written by John Cole that mixes satire and political commentary, much in the way that Freedom Fighter does, just with better clarity and a general sense of DISPENSING commentary, not receiving it.

Political Animal is another great blog that's an offshoot of Washington Monthly. Washington Monthly, in their own words, say, "Are you fed up with the imperial Bush White House? The timid Democrats? The spinnable national media? Well, now is the time to join people such as Warren Buffett, Paul Krugman, Garry Trudeau, Molly Ivins, Bill Clinton, and the producers of "60 Minutes" and "The West Wing" who turn to The Washington Monthly each month for journalism that isn't afraid to shake some sense into the system. If, like them, you're hungry for the inside scoop on what's really happening in Washington and what can be done about it, you need our incisive and original coverage."http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif

Wonkette is part of Gawker Media, and is a gossip site for Washington D.C. politics as well as life there in general. I also read Gawker and Defamer, because I HEART juicy Gossip.

Fox News, I'm sure, is off-putting to many people who read Free To Be You And Me. It seems like an odd choice, but it makes some sense. I like to read a bit of what the right-wing comments on, and what they think the top stories are. I like to read their spin on it, in the same way I read CNN.com to get a different take on the situation. This hopefully makes the information I get a bit more balanced.

Metropolitan Los Angeles Blogging is really a no-brainer for anyone who blogs from L.A. They are very vocal in local politics as well as local events. I am all about community, so it's nice to know there is a community of Los Angeles bloggers.

If you have any other choices for Freedom Links, let me know. I am always looking to seek out more and more information.

Free To Be You And Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home