Friday, January 20, 2006

19. Still B.I.N.

A new Bin Laden tape surfaced yesterday, where once again he told us to be ready for another attack. He said that Al Qaeda is waiting for the perfect time to launch a huge attack on America. It's "imminent." This is his 19th taped message since 9/11. I'm STILL prepared for an attack, STILL living in fear, STILL looking for suspicious characters. STILL rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease.

I'm a little confused though on how I should feel. If I take his threat seriously, and I check every suspicious person who walks by, and I run full sprint from the house to my car, speed through the grocery store, avoiding touching anyone for fear they may have something planted on them, aren't I just playing into his plan? Doesn't he want America to be frightened, and to create chaos and anarchy by his "imminent" threats? It seems to be working on Wall St. As I write this, the Dow is down more than 150 points, because crude oil is at $68.30 a barrel on concern over the latest audio tapes that surfaced Thursday warning of new al Qaeda attacks and ongoing concerns about a possible cutoff of supplies from Iran.

On the other hand, if I DON'T worry about an ongoing terrorist threat, and live my life like I'm supposed to (and as the President suggests) then I may not be as prepared as I could be in case a terrorist attack DID happen. I would have let my guard down, which sucks. I don't want that to happen.

So which one should I be? Anxious, nervous and on my tippy-toes? Or non-chalant, non-reactant and apathetic. Well, considering that seems to be my M.O., or at least MY GENERATION's "M.O.", I think I know which way I should turn.





This is what I get when I type "Apathetic" into google images. Somehow it makes sense.








What about you?

Free To Be You And Me

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I...LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!...that picture. Fun post.

1/21/2006 2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really IS a thin line we must maneuver, huh? Which way is best so the terrorists won't win? I think we should just go on with our lives, living without fear and have faith in our government to defend us. That's the solution Pres. Bush has, and we have to keep into focus the economy. We can't stop spending money in our economy, we have to suppport ourselves. So, we should just continue living normal lives without fear of terrorist acts.

1/22/2006 2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home